The Mekong Delta features rustic yet valuable things making more and more travelers curious and desire to experience. Once they have decided South Vietnam as the first place to discover, it is absolutely sure that a trip to the Delta region is a must. There is no time to hesitate anymore! You are planning for a journey to Vietnam and in particular the Mekong Delta, aren’t you? Get started with learning what to do here!
My Tho – Ben Tre – Can Tho
Some of the common travel destinations which it is easy to hit when it comes to the Mekong Delta consist of My Tho, Ben Tre and Can Tho. It is definitely clear that there must be great things here that bring travelers authentic experiences in particular and an unforgettable trip in general as many of them have ever left wonderful reviews for this land on tripadvisor. Then, let’s see what to do when they get here!
- Experiencing a sightseeing trip of islands: apart from immersing yourself into the tranquility of the Delta region during such a sightseeing tour, you will take an opportunity to explore each of the islands in My Tho – Ben Tre. What to explore? First, entering a few family businesses, e.g. coconut fudge mill or rice noodle-making mill will bring home to you the local traditional trade village and their business culture. Second, what gets you more excited is visiting a honey bee farm with tasting slightly sweet honey tea after going for a relaxed walk in the fruit garden.
- Soaking up the eye-catching scenery of lush orchards: let’s think about a stroll in which you are surrounded by colored landscapes of various fruits. It is so fantastic, right? It is easy for you to find and get to the fertile plantations in My Tho, Ben Tre and Can Tho, home to mango, rambutan, durian, grapefruit, longan, pineapple, dragon fruit, etc.
- Enjoying a homestay experience: of course, there is no way better than a homestay experience to penetrate deeply into the serene and idyllic life of the locals in the Mekong Delta. Excitingly, you can prepare a warm dinner with the host and talk to them during the meal whereby you can understand more the family culture here. In addition, it will be comfortable moments when you lay down on hammocks and soak up the peaceful ambiance around.
Leaving Can Tho for Dong Thap, you will be overwhelmed by emerging travel spots here. Certainly, this land will give you a new look about the Mekong Delta’s essence.
- Tram Chim National Park: labeled a fabulous miniature of the Dong Thap Muoi area, Tram Chim National Park is a deserving spot you ought not to ignore for a Mekong Delta trip. It is the habitat of 200 different species of birds and plants, and especially some will astonish you at the first time to peer down at them. Reaching here, you can see Red-crown Crane, which has been listed in the Red Book due to its conservative value. It is strongly suggested that you should make a visit to the park between December and June if you wish to witness a large number of birds here since most of them will migrate for food in the rest of the year.
- Huynh Thuy Le Ancient House: a visit to Huynh Thuy Le Ancient House should be indispensable for your Mekong Delta trip. You will be convinced not only by the unique structure of the house which is an elaborate hybrid of Occidental and Oriental architectural styles, but also for the romantic story behind it. It was exactly the love story between the house’s owner Mr. Huynh Thuy Le and a French authoress Marguerite Duras. There will be exciting things revolving the structure you don’t want to miss for sure.
- Flower Villages: Sa Dec is the most celebrated flower village in Dong Thap Province because of its special and different structure. Dating back more than 100 years, the flower village is always where many experienced and amateur photographers choose to create the brilliant art works. What makes it more outstanding is that you must get onto wooden sampans to contemplate the divided flower gardens. The flowers are raised on the so-called trusses, and water is full of the gardens, creating canals you move past during this visit. It is exciting, right?
Cai Be is referred to as a district in the west of Tien Giang Province. Normally, when it comes to Cai Be District, many travelers will immediately figure out Cai Be Floating Market first. Then, apart from this remarkable spot, ever wonderful if there is anything else to experience? Let’s discover here!
- Taking a cooking class: Cai Be is among the destinations where you can find and savor awesome delicacies. More interestingly, attending the class conducted by a local experienced chef is the best way to touch the essence of the cuisine here; that is the reason why this program is the must-have one in your trip to the Mekong Delta.
- Walking in Cai Be Fruit Orchard: lying along Tien River, Cai Be fruit orchard is always favored by both international and domestic travelers. Her , there are a wide range of delicious fruits , such as longan, orange, grapefruit, mango, and others. It is indeed an ideal travel spot since you not only gaze into the lush fruit gardens, but also enjoy your favorite fruits right here. The locals with their hospitality will make your day at the Cai Be fruit orchard.
- Relishing Don ca tai tu – Southern folk music: it is possible to say that don ca tai tu is a unique form of music performance in Vietnam. It has become the art and an indispensable part of the spiritual life of the Mekong Delta’s people. Don ca tai tu was designated as an intangible cultural heritage by UNESCO due to its spiritual values it brings for human. It is normally performed at many different traditional festivals or celebrations in the water region. It is lucky for you to perceive this art by the locals with countryside instruments in such a trip.